Elite Winter Throwing Program – Phase 2 (past)
DATES: 1/25, 1/28, 2/1, 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25
TIMES: 7:30 – 9:00pm
COST: $250/Player Sign up at www.smashitsportstraining.com
For Players Ages: 13-18
Now that you are an elite thrower of the baseball- let’s transfer it to the mound! This class will help blend the movements and development that you’ve worked on the last 6 weeks into the end goal- in game performance on the mound, as a pitcher! After 2 weeks of covering the lower half and establishing the base for mound work, bullpens will be thrown once per week with the staff, ensuring that what you learned is helping you improve as a pitcher!
Topics covered include:
- Lower half- how does it work?
- Stability on the mound- how to drive in the right direction towards the plate
- Movement on the mound- how to move efficiently down the slope
- How to throw with intent and explosion!
- VIDEO ANALYSIS WILL BE INCLUDED!
Phase 2- Lower Half and Blend to Mound Work
Weeks 1 & 2- 2X per week, Monday/Thursday
- Lower half development
- Continual arm strength work via long toss and plyo balls
Weeks 3-5- Bullpen work, 1X per week, Thursday Night (2nd Bullpen will be Thrown at your team Practice)
- Continued Plyo work / long toss routine
- Bullpens- incorporate what you’ve learned onto the mound